The six-session program consists of classroom and hands-on instruction. Patrol and traffic duties, investigations and arrest techniques will be some of the police functions covered by the curriculum. The class will be instructed by Officers and Specialists who will provide the class with real life experience and expertise.
Classes will meet at the Green River Police Department from 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. for seven consecutive weeks beginning February 4th, 2013.
ACADEMY ENTRY STANDARDS
For acceptance into the Citizen’s Police Academy, an individual must meet the following minimum standards.
• Minimum of 18 years old.
• Live or work in the City of Green River.
• Have no prior felony conviction and no misdemeanor convictions for offenses involving violence or weapons.
• Have no misdemeanor arrests, excluding traffic violations within twelve months prior to this academy application.
• Pass a brief background investigation.
There is no fee for participation in the Green River Police Department’s Citizen’s Police Academy.
ATTENDANCE AND GRADUATION STANDARDS
As space is limited, all classes must be attended. Students may be excused from one class if arrangements are made with the Citizen’s Police Academy Coordinator.
The following have been established as minimum standards for graduation:
• No more than one excused absence.
• Participation in all hands-on exercises
• Conduct conducive to the goals established for the Academy.
For more information about the Citizen’s Police Academy, please contact Detective Fred Moczulski at the Green River Police Department at 872-0555.