Green River Arts Council
- Art on the Green
- Battle on the Green
- Art in Public Places
- Green River Power Box Project
- Plein Air Competition
Art on the Green 2023
August 18-19, 2023 at Expedition Island Pavilion
Art on the Green is a 24-hour live painting and sculpting competition. This unique event is held on the 3rd weekend of August annually. The festival is held in collaboration with the Annual River Festival which is hosted by the Chamber of Commerce. The art event begins on Friday at 11 am and ends on Saturday at 11 am. Artists create their works of art within the 24 hour time period. It's a fun and creative atmosphere for artists and spectators alike.
Friday, August 18
Competition starts at 11:00 AM
Silent Auction begins at 1:00 PM
Battle on the Green 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Kids Creation Corner 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Saturday, August 19
Competition ends at 11:00 AM
Silent Auction 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
No Host Cocktail Hour 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Award Dinner at 6:30 PM
Battle on the Green
August 19, 2023 from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM at the Expedition Island Pavilion
Battle on the Green is a quick draw competition with three 30 minute rounds where artists compete with a medium of their choice.
Spectators will vote for their favorite pieces each round. Votes from spectators and a small panel of judges will determine those that will move on or be cut from the competition.
Winners Stay, Losers Go!
Acrylic, watercolor, pen, ink, colored pencils, crayon
We will provide the canvas, you provide the medium!
- Battle on the Green Artist Registration Form - Coming Soon
- Battle on the Green Paperwork - Coming Soon
- Battle on the Green Rules and Information - Coming Soon
No Entry Fee
*There are 12 spots available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Call the Green River Recreation Center to register or send in your completed paperwork.
Artists may enter their artwork in the silent auction
Join us for an afternoon of entertainment and excitement at Battle on the Green!
Please contact Katie Duncombe at 307-872-0514 with questions.
Art in Public Places featured Artists Denise Mosley
The Green River Arts Council (GRAC) will be working to transform some of the power boxes in our community into public art. The Council is calling all Sweetwater County artists to submit an original work of art.
Here is how the Power Box project will work:
- Any Sweetwater County artist or photographer may submit art. If you know of an artist, please copy and pass this invitation on to them.
- Selected artists will be paid a fee of $200 for their art design. The owners of the power box will own the physical work, however, the artist will maintain ownership of the design and may reproduce it without permission from the owner of the power box or GRAC.
- The deadline for submission is May 15, 2023. Please submit your artwork via emailed to the Green River Arts Council’s City Liaison at email@example.com
- The winners will be selected the week of May 22, 2023.
- We will accept original work only; no clipart, nothing taken from the internet.
- Artists are welcome to submit a previously created piece as long as the artist owns the rights to the work.
- It is encouraged that artists create something that can be tailored to be easily formatted to the boxes. Paintings or photographs are welcome. The vinyl artwork will be placed on all four sides and possibly the top of the box.
- People should not be in a photograph.
- We welcome up to two (2) submissions per artist.
- Submissions may not contain more than 20% words.
- Submission designs should avoid a large amount (over 20%) of black color.
- Submissions should include a photo of the work being submitted and the application submission form.
- Boxes will be wrapped as weather permits.
We are looking forward to receiving your artwork! To apply, please fill out the submission form and turn it in by email.
Plein Air Art Competition 2023
June 24, 2023 Downtown Rock Springs and Bunning Park 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Th public is invited to watch as participating artists paint in Downtown Rock Springs and Bunning Park! There will be a Public Reception and Silent Auction that will take place at 4:00 PM at the Community Fine Arts Center. The Silent Auction will be from 4:00 - 5:00 PM.
1775 Hitching Post Drive
Green River, WY 82935
Phone: (307) 872-0511 ext. 0
City Hall - Parks and Recreation
50 East 2nd North
Green River, WY 82935
For more information, please contact the Green River Recreation Center at (307) 872-0511 ext. 0.